Worked on server components of Bond, CDX/CDS offerings, inquiries management trading
written in Java using SOA principles connected by Tibco EMS, using Oracle for persistence. Designed build
deployment process from scratch for a multi-process loosely coupled application, using Ant, Ivy, JUnit with
CruiseControl CI server.
Created and implemented technology vision for multi-billion-dollar hedge fund. Managed
of 10 developers and QA. Responsible for all application development, including home grown Algo Trading,
Trade Accounting, Risk Management systems. Worked with Risk and Portfolio Managers, Quants, Back Office
Management to determine requirements for project and enterprise architecture. Mentored developers and
Worked hands on in every aspect of development from requirements writing through maintenance. Significant
- Defined full SDLC. Instituted version control, build management tools, QA processes and standards.
department, applications from cut'n'paste reuse to construction of common components, reducing time,
for multiple kinds of changes.
- Created toolset broadly applicable to multiple strategies, lowering development time/cost. Toolset
included Risk Management system, portfolio management and monitoring. Evangelized tools within
searching out opportunities for reuse, common components.
- Slashed development time by 50% by creating Portal development framework using C# WinForms,
Used for trading model development and visualization by quants; all risk management development. The
provided consistent, easily understood structure, allowing developers to be used interchangeably and
reducing time to learn existing applications. Framework used by quants and other non-IT developers.
the total code in the company ran in the Portal (everything but the OMS, accounting, and company wide
- Wrote trading algorithm, integrated with OMS. Algorithm provided access to additional liquidity
reduced trading costs by 90% compared to previous execution methods. Algorithm, front end originally
developed for single strategy; was requested by traders within all other strategies within two weeks
- Designed, personally implemented POC of CEP based P&L engine; also allowed ad hoc query and
Calculated company-wide P&L at tax lot level (65,000 tax lots) in < 3/10 second. Required interfacing
OMS, IDC, Bloomberg, Trade Accounting Systems to get trades, prices, convert to tax lots, calculate
- Wrote ADO.NET replacement that increased performance by 10x. Included same functionality as ADO.NET
(joins, views) but based on strongly typed object model, allowed partial recalculations of aggregates
on changes and incorporated multithreading for receiving changes from price feeds, message queues.
As Co-Founder of Opus360, a publicly held professional services automation SaaS
participated in all
aspects of business, from inception to IPO, including: writing business plan, defining targeted market
hiring senior management, defining product lines, performing competitive analysis, designing, implementing
deploying products. Personally created, evangelized strategic technology vision, led technical sales,
- Evangelized technical, business vision within the development group, resulting in consistency of
understanding that investors felt was unparalleled in their other start-ups
- Built tight knit 30 person engineering department from scratch. Attracted high quality people with low
turnover rate during period of aggressive job hopping. Trained, mentored architects, developers, UI
- Created product architecture using MVC, Command patterns long before they became standards in web
- Designed, prototyped, implemented architectures for three core products, allowing rapid expansion of
development team by minimizing learning curve.
- Defined SDLC, development methodologies which allowed department to scale rapidly with low barrier to
entry for new employees.
- Defined process, executed technical due diligence, selection for partners, technology providers
(Ariba, BEA, Oracle, PeopleSciences) including build versus buy criteria.
- IPO at $77 million valuation 2 years after company start.
Hired by high growth network consulting company to create an intranet application to
optimize hiring, staffing, project management, and billing, with an eye to spinning off as a separate
company. Led team of internal and overseas developers, wrote requirements, technical specifications, end
user documentation, designed and implemented most critical portions of product personally.
As Director of Programming for startup web design company was responsible for all
related activities within company, including response to RFCs, project estimation, budgeting,
Project highlights included: online surplus auction application for the State of Connecticut; Vice
Debate site in partnership with RealNetworks, Times Mirror, WTIC; created variety of publication systems.
HTML, CSS, SQL, T-SQL
Servers: J2EE / JEE (JSP, Servlets, EJB, JMS), JBoss, Weblogic, SonicMQ, Aeron Messaging, Fiorano ESB,
Tomcat, ColdFusion, ASP, DTS, SSIS, SSRS
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server; Oracle; Vertica
CEP: Esper; Streambase, Aleri
Tools: Git, Subversion, CVS, Visual SourceSafe, Perforce, Confluence, Jira, OnTime, Rational Rose,
Build Tools: NUnit, JUnit, NAnt, Ant, Ivy, Maven
Algorithmic Trading/FIX Platforms: FlexTrade, Inforeach, Cameron
IDEs: Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, JBuilder
Components/Frameworks: Spring, Spring.NET, Cairngorm, Hibernate, NHibernate, Devexpress, Chart FX,
Vintela SSO for Java, SmartClient, Angular JS, HighCharts, Selenium, Gauge